INTERNATIONAL LINDY HOP CHAMPIONSHIPS, LLC. is the Organizer of this event. Final decisions on all matters pertaining to these competitions rest solely with the Organizer.
2. Responsibilities of the Organizer
- SCHEDULE – The Organizer will determine the date and time for each competition and the location for the Competitors’ Meeting, and will announce this information prior to the event. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel a division if the number of entries is below the minimum of three (3) couples and to rearrange the schedule if necessary. Cancellation of a division would result in the refund of any applicable competitor entry fees. Any schedule or location changes will be noted on the International Lindy Hop Championships’ website (www.ILHC.com) if they occur prior to the event. If the changes occur during the event, they will be announced or posted in the foyer and the exact location will be announced at the Competitors’ Meeting.
- AWARDS – The Organizer will determine and award all prizes and money. Monetary awards will be given in the form of a check at the Awards Ceremony.
- POSTING OF SCORES – The results of the competitions will be posted for review after the Awards Ceremony
- PRELIMINARIES, SEMI-FINALS, FINALS, AND HEATS – At any time prior to the Competition, the Organizer reserves the right to determine whether or not a division will consist of a Preliminary, Semi-Final and a Final, and whether or not rounds are danced in heats or as spotlight. This decision will be communicated as soon as possible, on the website or through announcements at the event.
3. Eligibility to Compete
- COUPLE – A couple consists of one leader and one follower.
- Hold a full weekend package ticket to the INTERNATIONAL LINDY HOP CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Pay the required entry fees
- Sign the waiver. No Competitor will be allowed to compete without a signed Waiver, and every member of a Team must sign the Competition Waiver. Competitors under 18-years of age must have a parent or guardian sign their Waiver and any other required forms
- Register by the official entry deadline
- The complete Entry Form
- The signed Waiver for each competitor
- Payment for Entry into the competition
- Meet all the specific requirements outlined in these rules
4. Responsibilities of Competitors
- BEHAVIOR – All Competitors must demonstrate courteous and professional behavior at all times at the INTERNATIONAL LINDY HOP CHAMPIONSHIPS, both on and off the competition floor. Failure to adhere to these standards could cause disciplinary action by the Organizer, or penalties from the Judges.
- RULES – All Competitors are responsible for reading and understanding the rules prior to the INTERNATIONAL LINDY HOP CHAMPIONSHIPS. Competitors are responsible for adhering to these rules whether or not they have been read.
- COMPETITORS’ MEETING – Competitors meeting are schedule on the day of your competition unless otherwise noted. Although not mandatory, all information regarding the competition will be discussed at that time. It is the competitors responsibility for knowing that information.
- DANCE ORDER – Drawing for dance order will take place at the competitors meetings.
- DEADLINES – Failure to comply with deadlines and failure to show up 15 minutes prior to your competition for check in, may result in disqualification from competing in the event without a refund of entry fee. These decisions will be made solely at the discretion of the Organizer.
- JUDGING CRITERIA – The Relative Placement System will be used to judge all the competitions at the INTERNATIONAL LINDY HOP CHAMPIONSHIPS. Judges decisions are final.
5. Age Requirements
The Competitor must meet the age requirement specified in these rules on or before Thursday, August 24th, 2017. Competitors must be at least 18-years old to compete in the Showcase, Classic and Solo Charleston Adult Divisions. Competitors must be at least 14-years old to compete in Luck of the Draw’s, Strictlys, Pro-Am and Team. Juniors Routine competitors must be 17 or under (or 18 if still in High School). Proof of age is required.
It is the position of the INTERNATIONAL LINDY HOP CHAMPIONSHIPS that colorful, decorative, dramatic attire enhance the entertainment value of the performances. Tasteful dance clothing is accepted and strongly encouraged.
SUBMITTING YOUR MUSIC – A one-track high quality digital audio file for each competition MUST be submitted by e-mail (or at the competitors meeting for your day of competition) to email@example.com. Please do not submit CDs.
8. International Passes
The International Lindy Hop Championships will offer “International Weekend Passes” for non-US attendees at a discounted price. Attendees must present a current non-US passport at check-in for the event, no other form of ID will be accepted at the event. If the attendee DOES NOT not present a passport at check-in, they will need to pay the monetary difference between the pre-purchased price and that of the on-site weekend price in order to attend the event. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE! THIS PASS IS FOR NON-US CITIZENS ONLY!
- REFUND of PASSES – There are no refunds for weekend passes, workshop passes, or dance passes for any reason. There are no refunds for weekend passes…no exceptions.
- REFUND of COMPETITION ENTRY FEE – Refunds of competition fees can be requested through June 30th. Starting July 1st, competition fees will not be refunded for any reason.
- TRANSFER of PASSES
- Passes are not transferable to other event attendees; however, your weekend pass and any competition fees can be credited to the following year’s International Lindy Hop Championships. Credit can only be used by the same registrant and is only good for one year.
- There are no credits or transfers of buffet tickets or workshops.
- Requests for pass transfers to the following year must be received by the Monday before the event starts.